Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Blogger Bookclub - What Alice Forgot By Liane Moriarty



Alice is twenty-nine. She adores sleep, chocolate, and her ramshackle new house. She's newly engaged to the wonderful Nick and is pregnant with her first baby.
There's just one problem. All of that was ten years ago . . .

Do you ever wonder where you will be in 10years time? What if you were made to relive the last 10 years of your life, but you don't remember any of it? That's what happens when Alice hits her head at the gym, she wakes up thinking she is 29. The story follows Alice as she struggles to remember what has happened during those last 10 years, why she is divorcing her husband, how she is meant to look after her children (none of which she remembers) and discovers who she is now.
I liked the concept of the story but I feel there is too much going on around the story and not enough of the actual story. It jumps between Alice's story, Elisabeth's (Alice's Sisters) diary about her struggles with trying to have children and Frannie's (Alice's Granny) blog - it felt like these parts were put in to fill up the story.
It's not a book I would normally have reached for, I enjoyed it but it took ages to get into and when I finished a chapter, it didn't make me want to read the next chapter in a hurry - I had a few days off this book and it didn't bother me so I know it's not one that I would rush to recommend.
You can read what Leanne & Lorna thought of the book by heading over to their blogs.
Let me know if you read this!
Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx