Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Sunday 18 May 2014

A Quick Update...Again

Hi all, just thought I would give you a quick update of where I've been as it’s been a while since I actually managed to post anything on here.




So the last couple of weeks have been pretty hectic. As we've recently moved, the priority has been getting the house sorted as well as juggling school. We're nearly all unpacked now and have started on the decorating. We initially focused on the garden whilst the weather has been good, and have now moved onto the inside, starting on the hallway - decorating requires more time then you realise!

As well as this, at school we ended up being inspected by OFSTED the first week back. Thankfully that all went well, we were prepared for it but you never know with these things. Having seen the school go down to a Notice to Improve (not good) 3yrs ago and then come back up has been great, it has been a real challenge, but I shall talk more about that soon.

The last thing keeping me away from here has been SATs. Being a Y6 teacher is a massive stress, but also really rewarding. I know that every single child in my class was as prepared as they could be, I spent many extra hours working with them, both in the classroom and on our class blog. Now those are out the way, we have 8 weeks of school left to help them prepare for Secondary School, I'm really not looking forward to them leaving as I adore my class.

So that's where I've been. Normal service will slowly resume, however it may take some time as I need to re-learn to juggle work and this again!

What have you been up to? xx

1 comment:

  1. Well done on OFSTED. Lots of my family and friends are teachers so I hear from them how stressful it can be!

    Beccy // Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx