Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Wednesday Workout #1




I don't remember a time where I didn't dance, I started ballet way back when I was 3 and I only stopped at 16 due to a serious injury, but I've continued to dance in some form or other since then (in my pjs counts right?!) I still dance in a gym class each week, but part of me really misses ballet, there's something about being elegant and graceful, plus every little girl wants to be a ballerina some day.

When I saw that Sweaty Betty had an online class in Ballet along with their instore Get Fit 4 Free classes, I knew I had to give it a go. So I threw on some lycra, dug out the old leg warmers and took to the living room, praying no one could see me through the window.

You get a warm up, arm session, cardio session and then an intense stretching session, all in 40 mins. As I've previously danced, the moves were ones that I knew, but if you were totally new to it you would pick them up to. The routine is fast paced and you do get sweaty very quickly. You're shown some of the moves first and then encouraged to switch on the music and watch on full screen.

After the first session, I hurt a bit, I've lost a lot of flexibilty so need to work on that, but now I've done it 3 times, I'm feeling much better, its becoming comfortable again. 

For a free class, this is one that is very good plus doing it at home means no excuses,  you don't need any equipment or special kit, bare feet and a bit of space and you good to go.

If you want to check it out then head over to SweatyBetty.com 

Were you a ballerina? xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx