Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 18 November 2013

A Day Out ~ Spitalfields City Farm


On Saturday we got bundled up in coats and gloves and headed out into London. I'm working through a list of places to visit in London that are free or low cost. One place that I wanted to go was to a City Farm, and fancied Spitalfields as its near to the market and the massive vintage clothing market as well!

We hopped on the train from Watford, then tubed to it Liverpool Street Station and 2mins later we were walking through Spitalfields. After a quick google, we headed down Brick lane and literally 2mins after that we were walking through the gates of the City Farm. It was very odd as you have the financial capital in the background, yet there are donkeys and cows moments away. I loved wandering round, we saw this gorgeous donkey who was very friendly as well as other animals. 

We then wandered back to Spitalfields Market and had a late lunch at The Diner, we both had burgers and milkshakes. After that we were stuffed, but I could still squeeze in a Costa Hot Chocolate. We headed back to Watford and crashed out on the sofa when we got back, both tuckered out from all the fresh air. 


I'm already planning another day out in London, I love finding the hidden gems like this, if you have any recommendations then please let me know! What's your favourite farmyard animal? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx