Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Sunday 28 July 2013

London Hauling

So yesterday I met up with my sister for a 'sister date' and to spend the day together for her day of birthing. I had a sneak surprise up my sleeve & had secretly bought her tickets to see Matilda - she's a Mahoosive Tim Minchin fan so had wanted to see this for ages! Bless her, she cried when I gave her the tickets 20mins before the show started - sneaky big sister!



We met in Covent Garden, so had a wander around before getting some lunch at the Diner. First stop was Urban Outfitters, where I picked up some sunglasses in the sale - a bargain for £8! I love the shape of these round ones. We then walked past the Benefit store, and were lulled in by the flash sale of the new blush box - I had planned to buy it when it's out in Sept, but the offer of discount & a goody bag meant it was a bargain! In the goody bag there were mini samples of Its Potent eye cream, Total Moisture Facial Cream, Triple Performing Facial Emulsion, a cute mini They're Real mascara, a sample of Porefessional, a sample of Stay Flawless Primer and a cute notebook! I love a goody bag!



We wandered around Trafalgar Square, headed up the Mall to Buckingham palace, saw a man taking a snake for a walk, walked through Green Park and jumped on the tube as the rumbles of thunder came.



Just before the rain hit we headed to Topshop to recoup a bit, grabbed a drink, rescued a lady who had fallen asleep in the toilet and then wandered! I was gutted as all the clothes I wanted weren't there or not in the tall section so I went hunting a rucksack - I picked up this black denim one as I love the detailing on it! I've wanted a rucksack for ages, love the 90s grunge feel of this, it will carry me through winter as well i think. I also grabbed so socks as I wanted ankle socks to wear with boots & dresses this summer. 

After that we headed home, bellies full of fish & chips, after a rather strange & exciting day!

What do you think, a rucksack fan? What strange things have you seen in London? Xx

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Benefit were being generous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benefit deluxe samples <3 Great hauling xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing goodie bag! I'm very jealous of the notebook, I like stationary! I love going into London, its always so exciting there. Great little shopping trip, hope your sister enjoyed her birthday! :)
    Sam X
    http://lipstickandlectures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx