Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Advent Door 9 - Weight Watchers Whitefish Gratin

Evening lovelies, so another door, and a recipe for you today. You might not know but I've been following the Weight Watchers plan for a while now and I often cook from the website so thought I would share my current favourite.

You will need:

500 g Fish, Cod, Raw
2 medium Leek, sliced
450 ml Milk, Skimmed
2 1/2 tablespoons Margarine, Soft, Polyunsaturated
40 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
50 g Cheese, Cheddar, grated
1 teaspoons (heaped) Mustard, Wholegrain
50 g Breadcrumbs, Fresh
1 sprig(s) Thyme, Fresh
1 pinch Salt
1/2 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)

Preheat a medium grill. Put 4 individual gratin dishes or one large shallow baking dish in the grill compartment to warm.

Put the fish and leeks into a large frying pan and cover with water. Heat and simmer gently for 5-6 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked. (The flesh should flake easily when tested with a fork). Drain thoroughly then share the fish and leeks between the warm dishes.

Put the milk, margarine and flour into a non-stick saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly with a small whisk until the sauce boils and thickens. Remove from the heat. Stir in the mustard and half the cheese. Season and pour over the fish. Scatter the breadcrumbs, thyme or rosemary sprigs and remaining cheese over the top. Grill for 3-4 minutes, until browned and bubbling. Serve at once.

I love how easy this is, I made enough for me and the boy, and we had enough left for two more 'ready meals' which I have used.

It's a really warming dish, and for 9pro-points, it's delicious and one that I have made again since :)

If you want more recipes from Weight Watchers or any more posts then let me know xx

2 comments:

  1. I usually do not eat fish, but i would try this. looks very yummy

    xo, Vita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this sounds like my sort of meal, yum!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx