Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Saturday 15 September 2012

Percy & Reed Totally TLC Hydrating Mask

Afternoon lovelies,

It's not often that I find a product that I dislike, I tend to research what I want before I buy, but occasionally one will crop up, especially when I think of the amount of products I do have!

Glamour magazine often have some of the best freebies out of most magazines, and one month it was a product from Percy & Reed. It's not a brand I've ever heard of, but hair care is fairly new to me as far as brands go, but out of the choices I opted for the hydrating mask, who doesn't need a little hydration now and then?


I forgot about this for a while, until I found it in a recent clear out and thought I would give it a go, especially now I have dip dyed the ends of my hair and it is crying out for some love.


Well...I have never been so frustrated and disappointed with a product. I followed the instructions of shampooing my hair and then putting this on, wrapping it in a towel and leaving for a good 10-15 mins. I made sure I didn't put any on my roots, as they don't need it compared to the ends, rinsed it out and then left my hair to dry over night.

With most masks I've tried, this should have resulted in soft, smooth, hydrated hair...I did not have this, instead my mid lengths and ends were all greasy, as though I hadn't washed it all out, but I know that it was!!

I had to wash my hair again with a clarifying shampoo and it still felt greasy and icky, but I thought it was just me, left it a few days and then tried again, this time just on the ends, and the results...greasy ends?!

I know I washed it all out, I really took my time to comb it through and get it clean, but lord knows I dislike this product. Im quite glad I didn't waste my money on it, £17.00 would have been a real waste for such a rubbish product. I have thrown this out as it doesn't suit my hair at all which is a real shame, but I have plenty of other masks which work ten times better for 2/3s of the price.

I'm interested if anyone else had the same trouble with this brand, let me know xx

P.S Sorry some of these photos are a tad blurry - I'm trying some new things, a new back ground, new place to take photos, etc. Im curious as to what you prefer, this background, my window or the stripped background? 

6 comments:

  1. I gave this product a negative overview too when it popped into one of my empties posts. I got it in Glamour mag just like you and I'm glad I didn't pay full whack for it - useless product!!
    New follower, loving your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it wasn't just me that hated it - was really disappointed but never mind, have found some things that are ten times better!!

      Delete
  2. New follower, I found your blog on the #bbloggers blog hop )

    It's good to know that if I ever see this product not to use it! Sorry about the bad experience though, I love using hair masks and would have been annoyed if I got this result too. Good review!!

    Kelly
    http://www.beautyobsessed2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, glad it was helpful - hopefully some other products in the range are ok but for now I'm steering clear!

      Delete
  3. I subscribe to Glamour, so I didn't get a choice in which product I received. (When it's the Benefit giveaways, I buy several copies from the shops!) I actually received the conditioner. My hair is naturally dry, damaged and frizzy. I would say the conditioner made my hair feel soft and lovely to touch. I might do a review of it soon.

    Rachel x
    Lost In Lipstick

    http://lostinlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this hydrating mask. I thought my hair was super soft and glossy afterwards. I do think it is expensive though, but a lovely nice treat. Great post x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx