Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 20 August 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Benefit They're Real Mascara

Afternoon lovelies, is anyone else practically melting today?!

This weekend marked the 1st Birthday of Benefits much hyped They're real mascara. To celebrate, you can pick up the special set which includes a full sized and a mini mascara, for the price of a normal full sized product.




I'm an absolute mascara horder, I have so many, I change them up weekly, so I held off buying it until recently, but using my Boots points, I finally caved in! (Yes, I have a problem!)

'It's the mascara that's beyond belief! This jet-black mascara lengthens, curls, volumises, lifts & separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look.'

If any of these happen on my short, stubby lashes then it will be nothing short of a miracle!

No coats


One coat


Two coats


Look at the difference! Not only do my lashes look more defined and thicker, but they look longer. (please ignore my pre-threaded eyebrows!)

The brush is a plastic, short bristled comb, with a spiky ball on the end. I'm not normaly a fan of these brushes but it really worked to separate and coat my lashes with the product.



The product is quite a wet formula which seems to take ages to dry, and I'm concious of it as I carried on getting ready. It doesn't seem to flake to much, it even stayed put when my eyes were streaming after getting my eyebrows threaded! I even wore it in the sun yesterday, and most mascaras run under my eyes but this didn't thankfully, but I can't wait to test it out at work for a full day!

I still think the £18.50 is quite a steep price tag, but it is a high quality mascara, with sleek packaging, and as I spent my Boots points, this was a massive treat for me :)

You can pick this up from Boots counters as part of the set for £18.50, or buy online at Boots.com where unfortunately you don't get the deal but I feel its still worth it! 

What do you think...can you believe 'They're Real'?

4 comments:

  1. I bought this and at first I was really disappointed with it, it literally clumped my lashes together so badly it looked like I had about 3 in total! But one of my friends advised me to leave it a couple of days so I did and it's sooo much better now that it's dried out slightly! I think I will buy the anniversary set while this offer is on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent bought it... maybelline falsies mascara is SO good, i dont know if ill ever part! and the price seems a bit much!!
    xxxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does need to dry out a bit, but I do love it - get so many compliments, especially as I normally have short lashes!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the price, but as a treat it's great, that's why I spent my Boots points, I do love the Maybelline falsies, that's my everyday product! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx