Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 23 May 2012

NOTD - Models Own Balearic Cool

Afternoon lovelies, why is it that whenever I start to crave bright colours the rain sets back in!


I picked up Balearic Cool a couple of weeks ago and I fully blame Lily over at ETC LLYMLRS for this as I didn't want it until I saw her review of it!


Balearic Cool is part of Head Kandi collection from Models Own. All of the polishes in the collection are inspired by the White Isle and are great for summer. It's made up of 5 different colours, two glitters and 3 Neons.


I picked up Balearic Cool as it was a bright, in your face blue that I could use the cliché of it being like the Balearic sea, but its not, with not a hint of green. Its more like highlighter blue! All of the pictures make it seem much lighter then it actually is.


Now normally I can't fault Models Own polishes, opaque in two coat and lasts for ages. This one was very different. This was really sheer and watery and needed 3 or 4 coats to get it truly opaque. This was really strange and I thought it was just mine but further reading shows that its not. This is not a problem, I just wonder what is different about this formula then others, however this would make a great ombre colour as it builds really well.
In daylight


It lasted really well on the nail, I got 4 days out of it and loads of compliments, especially when it was sunny.

with flash


This is definitely a manicure colour, I think it would look odd on your toes, and it will really pop with a tan!


You can pick this up from Boots, Boots.com or Models Own online for the princely sum of £5. 




Have you picked this up yet?

1 comment:

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx