Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 28 November 2011

Weight Watchers - Butternut Squash Soup

Morning Lovelies, hope your well and looking forward to your week.


Today I'm making such a concious effort to improve what I eat for lunch at work as I seem to be living off crackers so I have been searching the Weight Watchers site to find some inspiration and this recipe caught my eye!




This was actually so easy to make!

You will need:

1 Medium Butternut Squash
1 Large Onion
2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
4 Small Carrots
Salt and Pepper
Plain Flour

Pre-heat the oven to 200oC or Gas Mark 7. 

Peel and dice the Butternut Squash into cubes of about 1cm. Put in a baking tray with the onion and carrots all chopped up

Bake in the oven for about 30mins or until the squash is tender

Make up 2litres of Veg stock in a sauce pan and then add the Butternut Squash and other bits. Bring the mixture to the boil and then turn the heat down and simmer for 15mins.

Let cool before you blitz it, you can either use a handheld processor or a food processor. This is the point you can add plain flour if you would like it a bit thicker, and then blitz to how you want it - I've done mine completely smooth but some people might want it a bit chunkier

And there you have it, a yummy soup that has a wonderful 0 points value on Weight Watchers!!!


I'm thinking this was so easy that I will be making some more! Have you got any recipes that you recommend?!

Thanks for reading xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx