Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Friday 14 October 2011

Friday Fitness - Little and Often

Afternoon everyone, thank someone its Friday! This week has been a tough week. Yesterday I had my first observation of the year at school and worked so hard to produce a great lesson. Sadly I didn't get the result that I wanted, and so spent most of yesterday forcing myself not to shout at all the children as I made the mistake which meant I threw away an outstanding lesson 
:(


Today, I wanted to do a bit of an update on my weight loss and talk about food. Since starting back at school I've managed to lose 10lbs in 6 weeks. For me this is great as I'm starting to feel better and I need to buy myself some new trousers!
Being back at school means that I am back into a routine. I'm up early, into school, lessons, break, lesson, lunch, 2 lessons and then end of the day, work for a couple of hours, head home, tea.
I'm finding that I'm hungrier at odd times. When I went back, I thought that I could cope without breakfast and just live off cups of tea until break time or lunch time.


At first the weight fell off and I put this down to not eating a lot, however when I got home from school I would literally hunt around the kitchen for everything! With this my weight would go up and down, along with my emotions.


So I went back to my Weight Watchers books, tracked my food and realised that I need to eat more not less! 


This lead me to looking at my food choices, changing me eating and since I've lost more weight and able to maintain it.


Not eating regularly means that the body is forced into starvation mode, storing more glycogen as fat for use later rather then allowing the body to burn it off. Simple by eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast means the body burns more calories, which leads to feeling more alert and performing better, as well as being able to last longer without food. Having a routine also allows me to eat little and often, maintaining blood sugar throughout the day, so I can have less food in the evening!

I think what I'm trying to say is that its better to eat little and often then little and never or lots and all the time! Feed your body and it will reward you!


Sorry that this is a bit of a rambling post, just thought I would share my new found insight! 


Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx