Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Sunday 10 July 2011

Les Mills - Body Jam

Afternoon lovelies, hope your having a good weekend. I'm just cooling down after my spinning class, in a world of unimaginable pain! I've really fallen in love with spinning, however I do get a bit bored and needed a new class to try.

I really love the Les Mill classes, I have tried every single one of them, and I will try to write a post about each class. So when I saw a new class on the list at the gym,I was intrigued. 

Body Jam is advertised as 'the cardio workout where you are free to enjoy the sensation of dance. An addictive fusion of the latest dance styles and hottest new sounds puts the emphasis as much on having fun as on breaking a sweat. Funky instructors teach you to move with attitude through this 55-minute class. So grab a friend, get front and center, and get high on the feeling of dance. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYJAM™ class is produced every three months with new music and choreography. Each new class will be a different dance experience depending on what’s current and hot.'


My first class


As it's a dance class, I dressed in light clothing and lightweight trainers. I knew it was going to be hot so packed lots of water and a towel. I arrived at the class and met the instructor, who was friendly and instantly put us all at ease ( it also helped that he was very good looking!) As soon as the music started, I knew I was going to enjoy it, loads of pop music, both current and old school (think N*Sync Bye Bye Bye!!)


About half way through I realised that I had not stopped smiling, and got a bit lost, but the instructor soon slowed the steps down for us, talking us through the steps, changing the view he gave us (not a bad view either!) We only did about 3 different routines in the hour class, but each one was really easy, and there were options for those new to dance and those who are more confident. To really enjoy it, you need to leave your insecurities at the door and just let your self go - everyone looks as red and sweaty as you! 


By the end of the class, I was ready for the cool down, I have honestly never sweated so much in my life! Talking to others, they were feeling nicely tired like me, as well as bubbling with adrenaline from the class. I'm already looking forward to my next class! 




Rating


Instructor: 9/10
Music: 8/10 ( would have loved some really old school pop!)
Calorie Burn: 8/10
Enjoyment: 10/10!!!




I would really recommend this class, it is really enjoyable and I smile every time I think about it! If your planning to go you will need:



  • Water - lots of!
  • Loose clothing - you need to be able to move freely
  • Lightweight shoes - less tread on them
If you get the chance to try this class, let me know! Are there any other classes you would like to see a post on?


2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, just saw your awesome post here about Bodyjam. So great to hear about your first experience of of the class (oh and the girls here would like to see a photo of your instructor!). What other Les Mills classes do you participate in?

    Thanks for the post.

    Les Mills International
    www.lesmills.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep trying to get a picture, but it looks a bit dodgy really! I do Jam, Pump and Combat, but I have also tried Balance, Step and Attack and found them not really me, but I will review the others that I am doing! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx